Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Here is a Thank You to the Chefs!

Ahh, how I love to cook! Words cant explain how much passion I have when Im in the kitchen.. It's truly where my heart is!
Crazy Fact: I couldn't cook an egg 8 months ago!

This blog goes out to all who have supported me along my culinary journey!
Firstly, I would like to thank Chef Chris Fitchett. He is the one who took me out of the deli with-in my first few days of working and gave me the opportunity to learn the kitchen with little knowledge of it I had. He gave me the chance to learn! The first day I learned how to make some awesome freaking omelets. He supported me working in the kitchen when the boss did not at eagles nest. He fought for me to be able to work in the kitchen when others did not. After my first day I knew it was hard work and I wasn't sure how I felt but then I learned to love it! I learned to dominate! I could plow through 60-100 orders on a normal day all from what I learned from chef chris! Regardless of what anyone says the day he was not there any longer and we were about 6 tickets behind with no chance of getting through sunday brunch and he showed up he saved the day... We would of not been able to complete service with good times if he didn't show! And I know Chef chris knows exactly what Im talking about!
Now, I no longer work at Eagles Nest. I work at an AWESOME place called Clarksville Station at Overlook Farm. Here I have learned so much more than I would of ever imagined! So here I would like to thank Chef Tim Grandinetti the oppourtunity to work in the kitchen! Chef Mike Polcyn & Chef Justin McMillen for everything they have taught me! They have put me ahead of my culinary classes by miles! 2 months ago when I started I was like a lost and confused person wondering around a kitchen! I have learned so much since! I've deloped a passion for butchering things especially chickens! "I like to hear the bones dis-joint" -me. Don't think I'm weird for that statement! I feel as if the things I have learned at Overlook farms will stick with me forever. Its not just in the kitchen learning its beyond that. I have now developed a passion for gardening seeing how overlook farm has many of their own and its given me better understanding of how fresh produce is better!

So once again, Thank you to everyone who has supported my culinary journey! I could write a novel on how much I have learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment