Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Time to get in gear

I've come to realize I'm not in the same mind frame cooking here as I was in Missouri at either of the restraunt's I worked at. I wonder why.... what can I do to fix this... When I work the line here at the country club Im nervous and it dosent make since I've never felt so uncomfotable on any line. I know how to sear fish I know how to make risotto. Why is it so difficult now? It's like I almost let myself forget the things I have learned. When prepping for banquets I don't understand some things. I feel as if I come to ask to many questions sometimes. I know my basic's I am learning alot here don't get me wrong. Yet, I am loosing the feeling that my work is great or accomplished. I look at all the equipment in the kitchen and I am finally fimiliar with the combi oven and greatful to have something so awesome. The fact I can proof bread dough in it just rocks. Yet, I see the stock pot which could fit 5 of me in it, its that big. I came to realize I need to better understand the equipment I am working with and if a stock is brewing how long will it take in the stock pot before I need to strain it.. Well how long for that size proportion. We also have a large tilt skillet, I want to understand all of what I can make in it. I need to get a grasp on things and have better knowledge of my surrondings. I feel so un-accomplished like I need to step up my game. I was once told by a chef to always one up the person next to you.. I need to apply that to the country club. I work hard but how can I work harder. Im going on 3+ months here and I'm finally getting accustomed to the people I work around. I say it's time for me to step on the gas pedal and really get in gear... I am passionate about what I do now I just need to take it to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment