Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Chilled Avacado Soup

So, I had to make a chilled soup for #150 people today... I had a recipie but, really.... who need's one... This was the first chilled soup I have made so I did my reasearch. It turned out incredibly awesome and beautifully garnished.  Note to readers hard to record actualy measurement's when I just go by taste and what I have learned. However I can calculate them, just contact me.
Avacado Chilled Soup

  • Red Onion (Dice*)
  • Garlic (Mince*)
  • Cilantro (Mince*)
  • Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock
  • Lemon Juice (Fresh)
  • Lime Zest
  • Cumin
  • Paprika
  • Chili Pepper (Optional)
  • S&P to taste
  • Avacado (Core, out of skin)
  1. Prep all ingredients (Mise en place)
  2. Puree, in blender or with robot coupe: Red Onion, Garlic, Cilantro, Stock, Lemon Juice, Lime Zest, Pepper (Optional) (*If you have a blender or robot coupe just rough chop, the blender will take care of the major buisness)
  3. Add Avacado --> Then puree again
  4. Add Water or Stock (Thin's the soup)
  5. Add seasoning to taste
  6. (I like to run through a "china cap" That is fine, yet if at home, no worries not neccesary if your cooking for you and your friends.


Garnish
  • Roma Tomato (Bruniose)
  • Yellow Pepper (Bruniose)
  • Red Onion (Bruniose)
  • Cilantro (Mince, Just a lil' bit)
  • Lime Zest (Just a lil' bit)
    • Mix together
    • Add a little S&P just because...
  • Crostini , or homeade Crutons (Roasted and golden for garnish as well)
  • Sour Cream mixed with Heavy Cream to squille' across the top of dish under Veg and Crostini.






1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love Avocado's! But I can tell you for sure that Cold Brownies are even better!

    ReplyDelete