Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Economy right now= NO BUENO

I've come to realize this whole saving money thing... Went to the grocery store to do research for a class project and was completely blown away... The price of EVERYTHING is reaching the level of outrageous. On this class project I was asked to take a simple cream of broccoli soup recipie and price out all the ingredients that it includes and set up the basic mise en place, etc..etc... So off to the vegetable produce I go.. Torn between organic broccoli or not. Ranged from $2.19-$2.69... Also two ingredients that really I was astonished by the prices were Heavy Cream and butter. Heavy cream was almost $4.00 for half the regular size amount... WOW! On to butter almost $4.00 just for 16oz... This is next to ridiculous. I have never really paid that much attention to prices going up on anything but gas. Now I have a whole new outlook.. Overall I can say I'm defenitly looking forward to some serious gardening this summer for my vegetables. The economy today is in a rough spot.  Before you know it you'll be paying $8.00 for a container of butter.. I think it's time we all took after the amish a little bit and learned to make these things on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment