Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The start of something new

So yesterday I began gardening. Really enjoyed it to my surprise. The weather was in the 70's the wind was a subtle warm breeze and the soil was smelling like spring. Ive never been able to keep any plant alive for the life of me. (Not even a cactus) So, I've turned a new leaf and am learning everything I can from my grandfather. Yesterday, I sat in the garden planting onions and beets. I was a way for me to just relax. I was barefoot covered in soil from the garden and I absolutely enjoyed every second of it. At my house we have a couple of incredibly large gardens. This year I am going to start my own little garden in hopes I can keep it going without killing everything. Lets hope right? Well, seeing as I'm new to this any advice on soil; compost or no compost: what to plant: etc... I could use some insight!

1 comment:

  1. ps...you might also check out these blogs...
    Fitness - http://apabstsmear.blogspot.com/

    Business and Life - http://theralphaccount.blogspot.com/

    The latter has a cool gig going over in Arrow Rock, MO. Agri-Tourism the latest wave. Catch it!

    ReplyDelete