Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

What #WINNING taste like

My day began before sunlight as my alarm violently rang at 5:30am. Spent the whole night finishing two papers I needed for class this morning. So tired didn't even begin to explain how I was feeling. Of course I waited until last minute to print my papers and just my luck the printer is out of ink. Managed to put the papers on a disk and turned it in. I take a basic English Comp class for some gen-eds it's a piece of cake. The class is just a refresher course for me so it's not to bad. Only downfall is the class is 3 never ending hours long. Massive amounts of homework is always assigned in that class considering it only meets once a week... ehh :/ 11:30 hits and I'm on my way back home to "amishville". I get home and don't get me wrong I love being home but the only other place I'd rather be is at work. My new job is amazing! It's such a positive work atmosphere and I LOVE IT! Luckily enough a "tweet" to my co-worker and I get to go in early!! YAYY! I get to work and start learning. First thing I worked on making the REAL Maryland crab cakes. Which are amazing needless to say! I then worked on a few things here and there and catch up on some dishes. Also, was surprised with a huge bouquet of flowers from the boy, made my day :) Then the evening starts to begin. We have a new kid working in the restaurant and I taught him tonight how to peel onions and told him the secret on how to avoid the onions making you emotional... Works like a charm half a bag of onions later no tears were shed. The trick is to not open your mouth while cutting them. Sounds crazy but the next time your chopping onions try it. The new kid is a quick learner and defenitly plowed through massive piles of dishes!  Ohh, so the dinner rush begins... I'm still learning the line and I hate to be in peoples way but I try to help where needed! Chef had me set up the charcuterie board for a table tonight. It consisted of our house patte mason, sweet bread terrine, and of course the turduckin. All of which had there complimentary sauces and a few other things on the side, They are beyond delicious. The other chefs worked on the hot side as they pushed out plates that looked like they were sent from heaven... Can I get an amen! There is so much skill in that kitchen that's what I love so much. Everyday I learn something new,  I CANT GET ENOUGH!! Also, sampled a few things other chefs made tonight... I seriously can't explain how much I love food. If #Winning had a taste it would be anything made at overlook farm.
One of the plates Chef sent out! Can you say awesome!

Working on the Charcuterie board :)

My finished product :)

2 comments:

  1. I loved going back to that dinner service threw your perspective.made me remember when I was the young talented next generation.its truly a gift and you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not just a gift its a passion. When I cook it comes from the heart. It's truly what I love to do.

    ReplyDelete